In this fast world Psychological Stress is very common in most of the people because of the day to day life problems and it effects on our health and well being. In this blog I will be discussing about 10 best food which keeps you mentally fit and lowers psychological stress and boosts happy hormone production.
Nutrition is one of the most important factor when talking about psychological stress because all the activities going inside our body is run by metabolic reactions which produces energy to do any task or to perform any activity. But the metabolic reactions also need some components to keep going on and here the nutrition is the only source through which we can improve and modify these reactions.
Foods to Lower Psychological Stress and Boost Happy Hormones
Here I am listing 10 of the best food which plays important role in lowering psychological stress and boosts happy hormone :
- Dark Chocolate – Dark chocolates are rich in flavonoids , which plays a very important role in producing happy hormone and keeping you in good mood, Chocolates are loved by everyone and also it is easily available ,so you can consume it periodically to keep yourself in good mood. It also contain serotonin which is a neurotransmitter, plays an important role in keeping you fresh and active.
- Avocado – Healthy fat is very important for our body and avocado is one of the richest healthy fat fruit which helps in reducing stress and inflammation from the body. These healthy fats play very important role in reducing stress and making a person psychological fit. Avocado also contains potassium which plays a very good role in maintaining blood pressure and reducing anxiety.
- Berries – Antioxidants are rich in stress relieving chemicals and elements which is found in berries, which helps protect from inflammation and unusual oxidative stress. It is one of the good source of Vitamin C which is very much useful in lowering the cortisol level and reducing the stress. Utilizing berries is a good idea for boosting happy hormones and relieving psychological stress.
- Fatty Fish – Omega-3 fatty acid is very important for relieving your stress level and keeping you fresh and peaceful without and stress. Fatty fish like salmon, mackerel, and sardines are rich in omega-3 fatty acid. Omega-3 fatty acid is also used in treating the patient with anxiety and depression . This fatty acid helps in removing psychological stress.
- Nuts – Healthy fat, fiber and protein all can be found in nuts and due to this it is widely used for the patients of anxiety , depression and psychological stress. These nuts contain magnesium which is very important for your sleep cycle and anxiety management. It surely improves your sleep cycle which is very important for your mental health.
- Leafy Greens – Leafy greens and salads are again rich in magnesium which is very important for your mental health and anxiety. Sleep cycle is controlled by magnesium in our body and sleep is very important for your stress management. So having leafy greens is very good idea if you are suffering from any type of psychological stress or anxiety. It is also good source of folate which helps in maintaining mood.
- Fermented Foods – Fermented food like yogurt are rich in probiotics , which helps in maintaining the gut health and prevents inflammation in the body. There are many more fermented food present in the market and you can have any of these which ever is available near you. It also helps improve mood and help improve mental health.
- Chamomile Tea – Chamomile Tea is a natural relaxant which plays a very important role in relaxing your psychological stress and keeping you in good mood. This Chamomile Tea are rich in relaxants. Drinking Chamomile Tea before sleeping can improve the quality of your sleep cycle.
- Turmeric – Curcumin is found in turmeric , which is one of the best anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant property. It plays good role in managing inflammation and and oxidative stress. It helps in lowering the stress and making the mood good. Turmeric should be in your diet with drinks or in your meal. Turmeric is easily available in market, so very accessible.
- Oats – Oats are a good source of complex carbohydrates and fiber, which can help regulate blood sugar levels and reduce stress. They also contain serotonin, which can help regulate mood and promote feelings of happiness. Eating oatmeal for breakfast or as a snack can help improve mood and reduce stress levels.
These foods are easily available in market and are easily accessible ,so you can have this in your meal to make yourself stress free and also make your mood good. These food also helps to get rid of anxiety and depression and some times extracts of these food are used in making medicine of these disease.